12 Must-Know Facts about Library Fundraising
We believe in libraries. We get libraries. Library Strategies Consulting Group often partners with Friends and Foundations on their strategic planning processes. We are the only consulting group in the country based inside of a library organization. We understand library missions because they are our mission. We also understand the challenges libraries and library organizations face. Library Strategies brings passion and library-focused knowledge and experience and tailors it to achieve your goals. October 17, 2015/
From Beyond Book Sales
- Effective fundraising is about relationships first, money second
- A clear case for support and strong, consistent messages are crucial
- To value the library is not enough
- Libraries have both an intellectual and emotional appeal to donors
- Everyone on your staff plays a role in fundraising. EVERYONE.
- A strong fundraising committee or board makes strong connections
- Most donors are people, not institutions
- Your largest donors are probably not library users
- Corporate philanthropy is about more than altruism
- Advocacy and fundraising go hand-in-hand
- Fundraising is a year-round activity
- Saying “Thank You” matters
This is an excerpt from our book Beyond Book Sales: The Complete Guide to Raising Real Money for Your Library. Learn more about our book and how you can take your library fundraising to the next level, Beyond Book Sales!